Monday, May 21, 2012

Awesome VHS Haul of Bad Movies!


The only "good" movie in this stack of Awful Awesome is The Day the Earth Stood Still. I should probably explain the other ones...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II should be pretty self explanatory. It features a performance by Vanilla Ice. That made it worth the dollar alone. Its a pretty awful film. The Turtles definitely lost their charm without Corey Feldman doing the voice of Donatello, and the exclusion of Casey Jones and a different actress for April O'Neil certainly didn't help.


Cyborg is a guilty pleasure Jean Claude Van Damme movie. It was one of the first post-apocalypse movies I saw as a kid, and is partly responsible for my love of that genre. Its also famous for recycling the movie sets originally intended for the never-filmed sequel to Masters of the Universe (the He-Man movie).


Beastmaster 2 I bought for two reasons. One, its never been released on DVD or Blu-ray, so this is the only format its ever been available on, and probably always will be. Two, my woman HATES Beastmaster with a passion, and she hasn't even seen it. So as a joke, I bought Beastmaster 2. It was $1.50. Some jokes are worth it.



Judge Dredd I just bought because I'm a Judge Dredd fan (the comics) and the new Dredd film should be out this year. This is definitely one of the worst superhero movies ever made. I can only hope the new one will redeem the character in people's eyes.



Money well spent, wouldn't you agree? Catch ya on the next haul!

2 comments:

  1. Another thing about TMNT 2 that makes it suckier than the first flick is that they only use found objects to fight villains, and not their weapons. I remember there being some kind of uproar about their ninja weapons being a bad influence on kids or some such thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fun fact I forgot to mention about Beastmaster 2 is that it features the dad from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and the chick who played Ursa in Superman 1 & 2. Also Kari Wuhrer, who starred in many of my favorite Skinemax movies as a wee lad.

    ReplyDelete