Friday, April 27, 2012

Vinyl Friday! - Week 7

Hello my vinyl friends, welcome to this week's edition of Vinyl Friday!

We have a short playlist, as I only bought one record today.

Mountain - Flowers of Evil (1971)

I recently watched that Such Hawks Such Hounds documentary, and a lot of the doom and stoner rock bands that were interviewed kept referring to Mountain as a big influence. The only thing I ever knew about these guys was that they did that "Mississippi Queen" song.

Flowers of Evil is a rockin' record for sure. I can definitely see how Mountain could have been influential for the burgeoning doom scene. Parts of Flowers of Evil are live, but all of it is good. I enjoyed the hell out of this album today. I'm definitely keeping my eye open for more Mountain in my vinyl-hunting endeavors! 

Enjoy a couple tracks from the album!




1 comment:

  1. Nice find. Good songs...I may have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete