Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Just In Case You Missed It: The Black King Diamond

I found this video not too long ago while going through a King Diamond kicks ass phase. When I saw a video titled "King Diamond on America's Got Talent," I knew that I was going to be in for something other than the King Diamond that we all know and love.


For the record, that is NOT King Diamond.

THIS is King Diamond:




I'll leave it up to you to decide which one is better, for you already know my answer.



Well ok...the black King Diamond is pretty awesome too.

2 comments:

  1. I was trying to describe King Diamond to Jenna a while back, so I told her he was a more satanic Rob Halford. We later saw a video of his on VH1 Classic and she said, "Wow, that does sound like Rob Halford!"

    Did John ever tell you about how when he first heard King Diamond it didn't match what he imagined he would sound like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I never got into the King until I was a Judas Priest fan. At first Mercyful Fate sounded like a poor-man's JP to me, but after awhile it really grew on me. He gets a bit ridiculous with that falsetto for sure, but they do have some excellent songs.

    I don't recall John's King Diamond story per se, but I share his opinion. The first time I heard King, i was like "wtf....NOT what I was expecting at all."

    ReplyDelete