Monday, April 16, 2012

Just In Case You Missed It: 8-Bit Black Metal

Even though I don't follow the current black metal scene, I still get a hankering for some audio blasphemy every now and then. Instead of finding new black metal to listen to (who fucking cares), I always rely on the classics. Mayhem. Burzum. Emperor. Satyricon. You know, the usual Top 40 chart-toppers.


Not too long ago I stumbled upon these videos on Youtube, where someone had taken old black metal and death metal songs and turned them into 8-Bit video game music. Its amazing to me how similar they actually sound to the originals!!


Here's a few samples. First you'll get a video of the original song. Feel free to listen to it for as long as you deem necessary to get the point. After that, you'll get the 8-Bit version for the full effect. Just in case you missed it, I hope you enjoy! (FYI, the Emperor one is my favorite.)

MayheM - Freezing Moon

8-Bit Version


Burzum - Dunkelheit

8-Bit Version


Emperor - I Am The Black Wizards

8-Bit Version


SWM, 19, looking for girl who likes makeup, long walks in the woods, leather-crafting, swordplay, jewelry and helmets. Those who don't worship the Dark Lord need not respond.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, whoever came up with this sure had a brilliant idea! And they totally work as video game songs too!

    That picture at the end is you right? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the videos on Youtube puts the Emperor track to a game of either Castlevania or Ghosts n' Goblins...I can't remember which. Pretty awesome. There's a whole shitload of 'em on Youtube. They do more than just metal too.

    ReplyDelete