Thursday, March 29, 2012

Just In Case You Missed It: Ninjas In Space!

The geek circles are a-twitter with negativity regarding the news of Michael Bay taking over the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise with a reboot. What has the geeks mad, you ask? Why, not only is the film going to be simply called Ninja Turtles instead of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," but the Turtles will have a new origin...from space. My God, the horror!!!!

I watched the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon when I was a kid. I saw the movies. The first one is still a classic of its time. As an adult,  I don't consider myself a Turtles fan anymore so the news of this reboot has zero effect on me. I really don't care.

But it does remind me of this:


Those from my generation of course know this to be from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. Vanilla Ice was pretty much on his way out as far as being a "credible rapper" at this time, and his single from the movie didn't really help.

So yeah, maybe the Turtles DO need a fresh start. Anything to erase the memories of that, right?

I still say this is the way to go about it, though:

No comments:

Post a Comment